• Karnataka minister’s Residence raided by IT department.
• Minister DK Shivakumar and his Brother DK Suresh’s houses raided.
• Sources claim IT department has seized money upto 5 crores.
• Some reports claim that the money seized is 11 crores
• IT raid was carried out even in the Delhi residence and a room in Eagleton resort booked by the minister
• This money is said to have linked with the presence of 44 Gujarat congress MLA’s in the Eagleton resort.
• DK Shivakumar is taking care of the Gujarat MLA’s accommodation and other demands.
• The search was carried under the Section 132 of the income tax act.
The raid comes up as a shocker for the Congress party which is already dealing with resignations of it’s Gujarat MLA’s. All of which is linked to Rajyasabha elections on August 8th.
Such huge amounts of money retrieved just leaves us with the question of ” Is politics ever going to be clean”.