This baked cauliflower recipe came into existence just by chance. Weather in this part of the world is pretty grey this time of the year. To give some color, texture to life I prepared this spicy, low calorie baked cauliflower. Just by adding a handful of basic spices, this dish has an earthy and soul satisfying taste. This delicious baked cauliflower can be served with curd rice, khichdi or any other one pot wholesome meal.
Cauliflower florets /Gobhi – 1 bowl /1 whole Gobhi
Onion – 2
Oil – 2 -3 table sp.
Curd – 2tbl sp.
Red chilli powder – 1 to 2 tsp.
Amchur powder – ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tbl sp.
Kasuri methi – 1 tbl sp.
Coriander leaves – chopped (little)
Salt –to taste.
- Divide cauliflower into big florets, immerse in hot salt water and wash.
- Keep cauliflower in this water for 10 – 15 min, drain completely and keep aside.
- Churn chopped onion in a mixer jar.
- Now mix this onion with other marinating masalas (mix properly).
- Now coat this masala into cauliflower pieces (every nook and corner), set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pre heat oven for 180C and place these pieces on a greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake this for 30 min, then increase the temperature to 200 C and continue baking for some more time, if you want charred look, turn your oven setting into “grill” option, keep it for another 5 to 10 min.
- Serve baked cauliflower with mint and curd dip.
I had served this with millet- and- Spinach khichdi on a cold winter night. If you want to see the recipe, please see the link here.