Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation today in his monthly radio program ‘Mann ki Baat’. He highlighted the importance of organ donation and urged the people to be part of this movement.
Here are the highlights of his “Mann Ki Baat”.
1.”Today it will be an interesting match between India and South Africa, who both, have won two matches each and will playing the 5th ODI today. My best wishes to both the teams.”
India is characterized by diversity. And this is our pride. Shanti, Sadbhavana and Ekta are key to progress.
2. Organ donation is an important issue that the country needs to address. There is a high need for kidneys, heart and livers but the number of transplants are far less. The government set an ambitious target of one million organ donation and to achieve this the government is working on easing the norm.
3. This is a festive season. India-African Foreign Summit will take place 26 October to 29 October, which is another festive season.
4. We will launch important schemes before Dhanteras. We have come up with ‘Gold Monetisation Scheme’. I will introduce this scheme that provides financial security to all in the coming weeks. “Gold can be converted from dead money to a living force. This is what we want to do and I seek your support,” he said. We are also bringing in the gold coin with Ashok Chakra on it.
5. Had talked about the menace of corruption, in seeking jobs. We have thought of abolishing interviews for some jobs. The Government has completed the whole process to do away with interviews for low-rank/ non- gazetted jobs. It will come into effect from January 1, 2016. He requested all the departments to promote merit by recruiting only through transparent, online processes.
6. How can it be possible that there is Mann Ki Baat and I don’t talk about cleanliness? PM praises Media for their programs aimed at encouraging the Clean India initiatives.
[Read full transcript of his speech here]