Ghee residue is a brownish colored by-product of ghee preparation. This brownish byproduct is very rich in protein, essential fatty acids. Our elders used to massage babies with this ghee residue.
When I prepare ghee at home, use this super beneficial ghee residue in preparing roti dough or methi parata or prepare this very mild flavored tea time cake.
Ghee residue – 2-3tbl
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – ¾ cup
Ragi/finger millet flour – ½ cup
Whole Wheat flour- ½ cup
Chiroti rava – ½ cup
Cardamom powder- ½ tsp.
Eno fruit salt -1tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Take vessel in which you prepare ghee. There will be 2-3 table spoon ghee residues.
- To this add milk, sugar and cardamom powder, mix nicely.
- To this add ragi, whole wheat flour and chiroti rava mix and keep it aside for five minutes, at this time rava will absorb all the moisture.
- To this now add Eno fruit salt, mix nicely and pour this mixture into a baking tin.
- If you want add slivered almond at the top to enhance its taste and nutritional value.
- Place this tin in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or till done, at 180 C.
Note: you can replace ragi and wheat flour with chiroti rava. If you are using only rava, add only one cup, don’t add more because it absorbs moisture more than flour. This last picture of the cake is prepared using just chiroti rava.