I am here yet again with another easy, healthy and tasty recipe- chapati roll. This one is well balanced with the required amount of carbohydrate, protein and fat. Easy to prepare and eat for busy people and also for school going kids. Now enough of chit chats, let’s get straight to the recipe.
For the filling:
White chana /chick peas/Kabuli chana – 1 cup (cooked with salt )
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds -1tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Cumin powder – ½ tsp.
Garam masala – ½ tsp.
Coconut milk powder – 3 tsp. (I use Maggi coconut milk powder)
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
salt to taste
Oil – 1Tblsp.
For the topping:
Onion chopped – ½
Coriander leaves- chopped
- Mix all the ingredients from the Topping together (onion, chopped coriander leaves ,salt ) and keep the mixture aside.
- Now to prepare the stuffing: Take one tawa and put 2 tsp. of oil , cumin and chopped onion. Sauté till it is done. Sprinkle little turmeric ,add ginger garlic paste ,fry till raw smell disappears.
- Now add tomato, and all the powders (red chilli ,garam masala,cumin,salt),add cooked chana ,coconut milk powder and sprinkle water (2 to 3 tbsps.)
- Once it starts boiling remove from the flame.
- When it is cool, add the toppings (onion, coriander and salt mixture), mix nicely and keep aside.
How to assemble:
- Here I have used sweet potato parata dough. You can refer to the recipe in the link below:
- Now take little more dough than regular roti ,and roll it (little elongated ,not round)
- Cook this in a heated tawa ,remove from the tawa .
- When it is cool, take one aluminum foil and keep that roti over it
- Spread the prepared chana at the centre and fold your roti at the top and bottom, then from both the sides .
- Now cover aluminum foil and seal it.