In a rare cross border operation, Indian Army carried out surgical attacks on the militant camp in Myanmar side of the border, who were responsible for killing of 18 soldiers in Manipur last week. Although, the numbers are yet to be confirmed, it is believed that the number of militants neutralised are quite high. It was time that the terrorism was responded in this fashion and deservingly Indian Army, Defence Minister, PMO and NSA should be applauded for this coveted operation.
This operation was carried out with the help of Myanmar Government. The Indian Army in the presser said, “Based on intelligence,we conducted operations to counter these planned assaults. Early this morning, the Indian Army engaged in two separate group of insurgents along the Indian- Myanmar border at two locations along the Nagaland and Manipur borders. Significant casualities have been inflicted on them. As a consequence, threat to our civilian population and security forces were averted.” India and Myanmar has maintained good relations and there is a history of close co-operation between two militaries. “We look forward to work with them to combat such terrorism”, said the Indian Army statement.
On June 4th, the insurgent militants ambushed a military convoy in Manipur’s Chandel district, killing at least 18 soldiers in one of the worst attacks on the Army in years. It was said that the several standard operating procedures were violated, due to which the Army has ordered court of inquiry into the incident.
Here are few key things explained by NewsX channel about the attack shared by social activist Kiran KS in Facebook.
1) NSCN-K terrorists who did Manipur ambush killing 18 Indian soldiers hid in 2 camps in Myanmar.
2) Indian army found out that more attacks were planned from Myanmar camps. Sent drones to locate camps.
3) One camp was east of Nagaland and another east of Manipur, ~150 KM south. Both well inside Myanmar.
4) Once the drones located the camps, Indian army top leadership sought a border crossing permission from PMO India. Got it quickly!
5) Planes carrying Indian Special Forces crossed into Myanmar after informing govt. No joint op with Myanmar army. All special commandos dropped strategically.
6) Indian Special Forces eliminated 20 NSCN-K terrorists in 2 camps inside Myanmar. Zero casualty for India which is unbelievable in a hostile foreign territory!
7) The army announced the success of this hot pursuit inside Myanmar only after every single Indian Special Forces commando reached home safely.
Praises for Indian Army are pouring from all corners for this bold operation. Happy that no casualties have been reported from the Army, while carrying out this operation. Indian Army showed that if they are given freedom to operate, they can hit back in surgical precision. Kudos for PM Modi, RM Manohar arikkar, NSA Ajit Doval for displaying massive political will. We are seeing a new terror policy this time and we wish the GOI can put an end to all form of terror activities in the country, so that the precious lives of defence personnels and civilians are saved.
Finally, the message for terrorists is out and clear “No more messing around with the security of our country”.