Breadfruit peel – peel of one breadfruit, chopped and soaked in normal water.
Green chillies-1-2 chopped
Mustard seeds-1 tsp.
Cumin seeds-½ tsp.
Urad dal/split skinless blackgram- 2-3 tsp.
Turmeric powder/haldi powder- ¼ tsp.
Red chilly powder-1 tsp.
Curry leaves-2 stalks
Water to sprinkle
Salt to taste
- Soak the chopped breadfruit peel in water.
- In a pan add oil, when hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and let them splatter.
- Once they splatter add onions, green chillies and saute for a while.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and saute well.
- Add the soaked chopped breadfruit peel to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and cook for a while, add salt to taste and continue cooking till well cooked. Add curry leaves on top and serve hot with rice.