Appam is a very tasty food of South India which is known by many names like Appa/ Paddu/ Kuzhi paniyaram/ Guntha Ponganalu. They can be made sweet and spicy version. I must say this is the best healthy snack to attract kids because of its cute small shape.
Dosa rice- 3 cups
Beaten Rice – ½ cup
Cucumber – 4-5 cups
Jaggery – (According to our taste bud!)
Green chilly, curry leaves, onion chopped
*Wash and soak the dosa rice, in water for 5-6 hours
* Drain the water completely after soaking.
* Take the half of the portion of the soaked dosa rice, beaten rice, cucumber and jaggery then grind together. Add a little salt. Please don’t add water
* Left half portion grind without adding jaggery for the unsweetened version of appam.
* For unsweetened version, add green chilly, curry leaves and onion to the batter.
* Heat appam tava, Add1tsp of ghee to each depression on tava.
* Pour batter to tava cook them in medium flame, cook the other side also.
* Remove from thava.
Now you’re ready with Appa/Appam/Paddus. You can enjoy this for breakfast and even as a snack for evening. I must mention a Healthy Snack J