Carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is one of the most popular Indian desserts. We can prepare this instantly and it is best suitable for those who are willing to prepare something new during weekends.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Recipe Category: Indian Dessert
Grated carrots -3 cups
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar -1/2 cup
Cashew nuts -10
Ghee-8 to 9 tablespoons
Raisins -2 tablespoons
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tablespoon
- Neatly Wash, peel the skin and grate carrots finely.(Picture 1 in below collage)
- Now add milk to the carrots and pressure cook for 1 whistle.(Picture 2 in below collage)
- Once the pressure subsides, transfer the carrot into a pan (you can use the cooker only if it is big enough) and cook on high flame stirring continuously until the milk evaporates completely. Wait till the milk dries up, then add sugar, 6 tablespoon ghee and continue to cook on medium flame until the mixture is thick. Add 2-3 tablespoon and keep on stirring until all the ghee evaporates from the mixture. (Picture 3 in below collage)
- Add cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom powder, mix well and cook for another 2-3 seconds. Make sure that you have fried cashew, raisins in a small flame with 2 tablespoon ghee. (Picture 4 in below collage)
- Now serve the delicious gajar ka halwa hot or warm. You can make it yummier by having the halwa along with ice cream.