Learn to prepare, healthy and tasty buttermilk veggie dosa.
Dosa rice-2 cups
Methi – 1tsp
1 fist full of beaten rice
Coconut grating – ½ cup [optional]
Finely chopped onion
Chopped beans, dry coconut gratings, curry leaves.
Butter Milk around 3-4 cups
*Wash and soak the dosa rice, methi and beaten rice in buttermilk for 5-6 hours and a little water if required for
* Grind the soaked dosa rice, methi, beaten rice and coconut grating add salt as per your taste. Don’t add water
* Ferment the batter overnight
* Batter must be thick if you find it very much thick add a little water.
* Next day morning, heat the thava. Grease with a drop of oil
* Pour the batter (Don’t spread), sprinkle chopped onion, carrot, beans, coconut, curry leaves. Then sprinkle
ghee or even butter. (I like adding butter).
* Close using lid and cook using medium flame. Need not flip over.
* Remove from thava. And now yummy – healthy – colorful Veggie dosa breakfast it ready to serve.
I like eating this dosa without any side dish. You can have it with any of your favourite side dishes. If you have kids who don’t eat veggies, I bet they will like this colourful veg dosa.