Aloo Dahi Raita
Are you thinking about what to prepare something special for your lunch/dinner??Are you thinking what to do with extra potatoes left after cooking sambar/sabji/potato vada from aloo??
Here is simple, delicious and superb mouth savouring dish for you.
Aloo Dahi Raita is made by mixing boiled potatoes, curd, green chilly and garnished with chopped coriander. This raita is very delicious and can be tried with rice, dal.
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Recipe Category: Indian Dish/Raita
1 cup beaten dahi / curd
2 potatoes (boiled, peeled and cubed)
1 chopped onion
2-3 green chili (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon roasted cumin seed powder(jeera)
1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
1 tablespoon Bengal Gram Dhal(kadale bele/channa dal)
1/4 tablespoon red chili powder
2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tablespoon chopped ginger
Salt for taste
Steps to prepare:
- Wash Potatoes and peel it and cook the potatoes in pressure cooker.
- Once the pressure subsides, mash the potatoes in a separate vessel.
- Now add chopped onions, chilies, ginger, coriander leaves into the mashed potatoes along with salt.
- Add a cup of curd and mix it well.
- Now add chaunk(thadka/oggarane) containing roasted cumin seed powder, Coriander seeds, Bengal Gram Dhal and curry leaves
- Add 1/4 tablespoon red chili powder to make the raita little spicy and mix the aloo dahi raita well.
- Serve the mouth savoring Aloo dahi Raita along with Rice. You will love it for sure.