Remember your childhood? When you used to enjoy the rusks, dip it in milk and eat. That was itself our evening snacks sometimes. But now I am not saying about rusk actually. Hope you remember those colorful tutti frutti in that rusk!
Let’s see how to prepare that tutti frutti now.
Raw papaya : 200g
Sugar : 2cups
Vanilla Essence : 1/2 tsp
Edible Food Colours : Red, Yellow, Green (Optional) [a pinch]
* Chop papaya into cubes (peel off the skin) .
* Boil 4 cup of water in a pan add chopped raw papaya and cook it for 3 mins (low medium flame);
Remove from heat and let papaya remain in same hot water for 5mins. Then strain it.
* Cook 2 cups of sugar, 3-4cups of water. Cook till sugar syrup turns sticky and forms thin one string
consistency and then add papaya pieces. Cook around 3-4mins.
Switch off stove and remove pan.
* Add few drops of vanilla essence.
* Divide this papaya-sugar syrup into 3 portions, add pinch of colour mix well and keep aside for 12-24hrs.
* After 24hrs take out from syrup and strain them.
* Spread these papaya cubes on a place and let them dry till stickiness is totally absorbed. I have sundried it.
I prefer sundry. Better to sundry for 3-4 days. Store it in air tight container.